Bruce Campbell brings the very first “BruceFest” to the Stanley Hotel in November
There is no doubt that when it comes to cult movie heroes, Bruce campbell because Ash Williams usually stands at the top of the heap – even if it is a heap of mutilated bodies. Fans of the thick-chinned star can now book tickets to spend a weekend with the evil Dead star as the very first “BruceFest” takes place at none other than the Stanley Hotel in Colorado; the hotel that inspired author Stephen King to write The brilliant. Campbell posted details of the event on his Twitter account, while announcing that tickets will go on sale starting today.
“Bruce invites you for the ultimate grueling horror weekend experience at the legendary Stanley Hotel, the hotel that inspired Stephen King’s The Shining,” reads the official blurb on the webpage of the event. âThe Stanley Hotel is nestled in the Rocky Mountains in distant Estes Park, Colorado and has been open to guests since 1909. It truly is the perfect setting for the very first BruceFest. Bruce Campbell, American actor, writer, producer and director is perhaps best known for his role as Ash Williams in Sam Raimi evil Dead franchise created in 1981. Devilish death is the ultimate cult horror classic of the 80s that spawned an iconic series spanning decades and influenced much of modern horror. “
Taking place November 12-14 in Estes Park, Colorado, the weekend will see screenings of the entirety of evil Dead series with live commentary provided by Campbell and a question and answer session. This follows The Evil Dead’s return to theaters for its 40th anniversary in October. The event has three different package levels which are listed as:
- The Deadite package ($ 300):
- Watch With Screenings: The “centerpiece of the weekend’s events” are the screenings of the evil Dead series, “featuring Bruce Campbell providing hilarious and informative live commentary while answering questions from the audience.”
- Ultimate Horror Movie Show: A self-guided and curated exhibit, with informative exhibits.
- evil Dead Photo Experience: A unique photo experience that features larger-than-life backdrops, offering guests a unique photo opportunity in the evil Dead universe.
- Ghostly Scavenger Hunt: A custom game through the woods surrounding the Stanley Hotel, combining a traditional nature hike with a treasure hunt for the relics of evil Dead movie theater.
- Continuous screenings of your favorite Bruce movies, including Evil Dead, Evil Dead II, Army of Darkness, Bubba Ho-Tep and My name is bruce.
- Additional surprise activations: event-wide contests, prizes and more.
- The Necronomicon Ex-Mortis package ($ 450):
- Everything in the Deadite package above
- A signed event poster
- Privileged access to events and screenings
- Access to evil Dead VIP Groovy Cocktail Party hosted by Bruce Campbell himself, billed as “an unforgettable moment with personalized cocktail recipes, appetizers and the chance to chat with Bruce!”
However, for those looking for the king of packages, it would be the Kandarian Demon package ($ 600), which includes all content from the other two packages as well as an invitation to the Murder Mystery VIP dinner, which will be served by Chef Binotto, who currently offers consultations with Tim Burton’s themed restaurant group Beetle House and will see Bruce himself mingle with guests as they attempt to solve a murder in “one of the most memorable meals in the life of the guests “. This package also includes a VIP photoshoot with the main man, who will also appear in the MCU in Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness.
None of the packages include hotel rooms, although these are available separately and can be booked directly with the hotel. Campbell may not appear in the latest addition to the evil Dead franchise, but working behind the scenes on Evil Dead Rise. It will also appear soon in Black friday, a horror comedy set in a toy store that will premiere at Fantastic Fest later this month. The first photos of Black Friday were published recently. You can find out more about the event on the official website of Brucefest.