EDEN CONFIDENTIAL: Crown seeks actor to play Prince William reaches 11th hour
by netflix Big-budget royal drama The Crown has been a source of cash for the streaming giant, but are its increasingly controversial plots leading to casting issues?
Because I heard that it was still an advertisement for an actor to play a teenage Prince William until last Friday, even though his scenes are due to be shot this month.
The role will be highly controversial, as it will involve William’s reaction to the breakdown of his mother, Princess Diana’s marriage to Prince Charles.
Casting: The Crown was advertising an actor to play Prince William last Friday, though his scenes are slated to be filmed this month. Pictured: Princess Diana, William and Harry in 1995
Drama: The role will involve William’s reaction to the breakdown of his mother, Princess Diana’s marriage to Prince Charles. Pictured: Elizabeth Debicki as Princess Diana
The series will also describe how disgraced BBC journalist Martin Bashir convinced Diana to film his explosive Panorama interview.
The Duke of Cambridge has asked that the interview never be broadcast again.
“Many parents would think twice before letting their son appear in such a drama,” a source tells me. “It will be a heartbreaking role that will create a major backlash.”
Famous moment: The series will also describe how disgraced BBC journalist Martin Bashir convinced Diana to film his explosive Panorama interview (pictured)
The job description stated that Netflix was looking for: “A 13-15 year old boy to play 13 year old Prince William in the upcoming series… a talented, intelligent and sensitive boy who can take on the challenge of playing this famous character alongside great British acting talents. ‘
The role was previously played by Timothee Sambor, who is 11 years old. Dominic West will be Charles, to Diana by Elizabeth Debicki.
A Netflix spokesperson insists, “We are well into the process and everything is fine. Casting children in general just takes longer.
WHY MILLEN HAS NO DESIGN ON WEDDING
Design queen Karen Millen has revealed that she will never marry longtime boyfriend Ben Charnaud.
“We’ve been together for ten years but we won’t get married,” she told me at a Mayfair party.
“I make a commitment to someone and that’s it – I don’t have to prove it. Also, most of the people I know who got married are now divorced.
No wedding bells? Design queen Karen Millen has revealed she will never marry longtime boyfriend Ben Charnaud (both pictured in April 2019)
Millen, 60, who sold his eponymous High-Street brand in 2004, now runs interior design company Homemonger, with help from Australian-born Ben.
“He wanted to marry me, but he resigned himself to the fact that I’m not the type to get married,” adds Karen, who has three children with ex-partner Kevin Stanford.
“I never put a ring on it, and I don’t intend to do it now.
Royal biographer Gyles Brandreth entertained guests at the Petworth Literary Festival in West Sussex with his favorite anecdote about Prince Philip.
A courtier was alarmed when the Queen and Philip were forced to attend Full Monty’s striptease during a performance by Royal Variety.
As the 18 naked actors bowed, the Duke of Edinburgh muttered to the courtier: “Don’t worry. She’s been to Papua New Guinea, she’s seen it all.
RECIPE FOR JOY! TV CHEF LORRAINE SERVED A SECOND WEDDING
The marriage of television chief Lorraine Pascale has already reached new heights.
The former model, 48, exchanged vows with businessman Dennis O’Brien, 45, on the top floor of The Gherkin skyscraper, which overlooks the City of London at 591 feet.
They had already organized a small ceremony earlier this year at the old town hall in Chelsea.
Wedding: TV chief Lorraine Pascale, 48, exchanged vows with businessman Dennis O’Brien, 45, on the top floor of The Gherkin skyscraper, which overlooks the city of London at 591 feet
Special day: “I loved celebrating our wedding properly,” says Pascale, who is pictured above with her daughter, Charlie’s Angels star Ella Balinska
“I loved celebrating our wedding the way it should be,” says Pascale.
“The number of marriages at the June registry has been drastically reduced due to restrictions. So we started over with everyone.
Pasacle was previously married to Ella’s aristocratic father, Polish musician Count Kazimierz Balinski-Jundzill.
Repeated references to race director Harry Herbert – the new husband of TV chief Clodagh McKenna – as a godson to the Queen have raised eyebrows in friends and family.
Especially since the allegation also appeared on the website of an agency claiming to represent Herbert, H Talent Management.
When I draw Herbert’s attention to this point, his spokesperson specifies: “Harry is not a godson of HM the Queen. However, his brother Geordie [the Earl of] Carnarvon is his godson.
The spokesperson added: “Harry has no connection with H Talent Management and we are trying to contact them to ask them to remove all information about him from their site.”
ONLY CRAZY AND TRACEY SAY NO TO DEL BOY
Tracey Emin reveals that her biggest regret is turning down an appearance on Only Fools And Horses.
“My mother and I were in Margate, sitting on a bench eating jellied eels, when the Boy Scout came to ask us if we would be extras,” said the award-winning artist Turner.
‘How disturbed was I?’: Tracey Emin (pictured in September 2019) reveals her biggest regret is turning down the possibility of an appearance in Only Fools And Horses
Emin declined the offer because ‘I thought I was too good to be an extra in Fools And Horses. How much was I disturbed?
Viewers have undoubtedly been deprived of a classic episode in which Del Boy turns to modern art and seeks to emulate Emin’s sale of his unmade bed for £ 2.5million.
When in Rome … I hear Boris and Carrie enjoyed a romantic dinner away from the hubbub of the G20 summit – and finished their pasta meal at a restaurant with a digestif called Apolide, which translates to “stateless”.
A spokesperson for the restaurant said: “The Prime Minister must not have escaped the subtle irony associated with the name of the wine.”