Prices, requirements, duration and how to process
(Spanish CNN) – WhatWho can work in Canada and how can a foreigner obtain a work permit or visa?
According to the Canadian government, although there are exceptions to working as a foreigner in Canada, a work permit is generally required. For example, you are a religious leader, artist, public speaker or health student.
Also, since Canada has two types, the process depends on the type of permit required:
- Open work permit: This permit allows you to work for any employer in Canada. Includes people who can apply for an open work permit Eligible international studentsStudents unable to afford their studies, family members of those who have applied for permanent residence, spouse or partner of a skilled worker or international students, refugees, Among others.
- Employer specific work permit: This permit only allows you to work as stated in your work permit, which indicates the name of the employer you will work for, how long you can work and where you will work. For example, if you are an educator, television or film producer, professional athlete, or entrepreneur, You may be eligible for an employer-specific work permit.
Government of Canada website There is a quiz It lets you know the type of work permit you need, depending on the work you intend to do.
Work Permit Eligibility Requirements
Before applying for a work permit, a letter of employment, contract and a copy should be sent to the applicant Labor Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) and LMIA number.
According to the Canadian governmentIn most cases, employers require the LMIA, which is the documentation required to hire foreign workers. However, some jobs are exempt from Labor Market Impact Assessment. For example: if they are subject to an international agreement – such as CUSMA (Agreement between Mexico, the United States and Canada) or GATS (General Agreement on Trade in Services) -, exempt from termination by agreement between Canada and a province or territory or on the basis of “Canadian interests”.
However, even if a job is exempt from the LMIA, the applicant must meet the work permit eligibility requirements. Thus, whatever the type of job requested, wherever it is requested, the person must:
- Prove that you will leave Canada when your work permit expires
- Show that you have enough money to cover your expenses and those of your family during your stay in Canada and your return to your home country
- No history of criminal activity
- Should not endanger the security of Canada
- To have good health
- Did not work for an employer listed as “not eligible”
- I do not intend to work with an employer who regularly offers striptease, lab dancing, escort services or erotic massages.
- Provide the officer with all requested documents to prove that you can enter the country
One to apply for one person Agricultural work in CanadaThey must be eligible for a work permit and meet certain qualification requirements.
If you are eligible for a work permit, you can apply for one Online application. You must provide your biometric data when submitting.
the Venezuelan citizens They may need to follow additional steps when completing their application. For example, if the expiry date printed on the passport expires, you can add an explanatory letter to the application and add 5 years: “I am a Venezuelan citizen with a Venezuelan passport, which has been extended to 5 years”.
How to find a job offer?
There is the Canadian government An active bank It lists Canadian employers who wish to hire temporary foreign workers. Enrolled workers have already received or claimed the LMIA.
All travelers 5 years of age or older must present proof of a negative Covit-19 test result to enter Canada due to a Covit-19 infection.
Evidence must be submitted even if fully vaccinated against Govt-19. However, temporary foreign workers who are fully vaccinated are exempt from isolation and testing on the eighth day.
Before Omicron variant of corona virusGovernment of Canada Entry prohibited for foreign nationals Those who were in Botswana, Egypt, Swatini, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, South Africa and Zimbabwe 15 days before arriving in North America.