St. Regis Joins White House Association to Offer Vacation Package
WASHINGTON, DC – The White House Historical Association has teamed up with the St. Regis Washington, DC to celebrate this year’s holiday season.
The first-ever partnership includes a St. Regis White House Holiday Presidential Suite Experience, a St. Regis Washington, DC Christmas Tree Collaboration, and a Presidential Holiday Tea Tasting. The hotel is located two blocks north of Lafayette Square at the corner of 16th and K NW streets.
Upon arrival at The St. Regis Washington, DC, guests are greeted by the St. Regis Presidential Christmas Tree, located in the lobby. The Christmas tree contains festive decorations provided by the White House Historical Association, including each Official White House Christmas Ornament 1981-2021, and is topped with a handmade eagle.
This year Official White House Christmas Ornament honors former President Lyndon B. Johnson, with a 1967 Blue Room Christmas tree painting and a quote from Johnson: “Our mission is both the oldest and most fundamental in this country : to repair the evil, to do justice, to serve man. “
âThe partnership extends a large scale of unique vacation programs, while providing insight into the evolving history of White House vacation traditions and recognizing First Lady Jacqueline Kennedy, who founded the Association there 60 years ago, Stewart McLaurin, president of the historic White House Association, said in a statement Monday.
The White House Historical Association was established in 1961 to support Kennedy’s vision for a restored White House. The association’s mission is to help preserve the state and public rooms, fund acquisitions for the permanent White House collection, and educate the public on the history of the White House.
The Presidential Suite at the St. Regis has been decorated with retail products from the White House Historical Association, including Carolers Byers’ Choice, a Festival of Light II Menorah, Wooden advent calendar for children and a Christmas tree with Halcyon Days Blue Room and green ornaments.
Available for booking through December 31, the St. Regis package includes the following features:
- Two-night stay in the festive White House Holiday Suite with St. Regis Butler Service.
- Private four-course dinner in the suite’s dining room to savor meals inspired by the favorite dishes that have been served at the White House.
- Complete White House Christmas Ornament Collection to take home.
- Moonlit tour of Washington, DC’s landmarks and vacation scenery with a professional photographer.
- Additional dining and beverage services and experiences, including a private champagne saber in the suite, one Presidential Holiday tea, and two holiday cocktails at the St. Regis Bar with reserved seating in front of the bar fireplace.
- The ability to book an exclusive VIP White House experience that includes a private tour of the Decatur House with a White House Historical Association staff member to view the presidential artifacts.
Booking information for The St. Regis Washington, DC White House Holiday Presidential Suite Experience can be found at the hotel website.