Tirumala Temple will prioritize darshan for common pilgrims on January 1 and 13-22
Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanam (TTD) has made arrangements prioritizing darshan for ordinary pilgrims visiting the temple on January 1 and Vikunta Dwara Darshan days, January 13-22.
Tirumala Temple. (Representative image)
The Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanam (TTD) prioritizes darshan for common pilgrims on January 1 and between January 13 and 22. These are the auspicious days of Vaikunta Ekadasi, Dwadasi and Vaikunta Dwara Darshan. The TTD has made arrangements for the pilgrims.
The TTD has decided to provide VIP break darshan only to “protocol VIPs” arriving alone. The TTD has claimed it will not accept any recommendation letters for VIPs these days.
The council called on worshipers to bring a Covid-negative report or a two-dose vaccination certificate. The Covid-19 test must be performed within 48 hours of visiting the temple.
Here are some important things to know before visiting Tirupati Temple in January:
1. Advance reservations for accommodation have been canceled from January 11th to 14th.
2. All rooms in Tirumala will be allocated to pilgrims upon reservation in progress.
3. No accommodation reservation privilege for donors from January 11th to 14th.
4. In accordance with Covid-19 safety standards and dress code, a sufficient number of barbers will be deployed for tonsures around the clock in all Kalyanakattas in Tirumala.
5. Annaprasadam will be served to all pilgrims from 4:00 am to midnight on any auspicious days in accordance with Covid-19 safety standards.
6. Medical teams will be deployed to all important locations during these days.
7. Traffic rules will be taken care of in coordination with the Tirumala police by the vigilance department of TTD.
8. TTD reiterated that all worshipers who have booked darshan tickets must necessarily bring a “Covid Negative RT PCR certificate” taken 48 hours before or two doses of a vaccine.
9. Devotees are required to strictly adhere to the security standards of Covid-19 and to cooperate with the security of TTD.
Also read: Covid: Andhra CM orders authorities to carry out door-to-door vaccination campaign
Click here for IndiaToday.in’s full coverage of the coronavirus pandemic.